discuss transformation and art , society and theory , culture and gender, politics and place

have your say

Wednesday 11 March 2009

A new dead immigrant-Naples, 11 March 2009

This morning a friend posted on her Facebook page that in Naples a Sri Lankan man had died because he had taken an incorrect dose of Aulin a medication he had hoped would bring his fever down. He died in hospital. I had read this poem this morning by an un-named asylum seeker and rap-poet in Melbourne. What are we to do?


I am an illegal alien
Don't know where to go
Or where to stay
Don't even own a bed!
No future ahead

Being homeless made me careless
Too much stress!
Can't even buy my girl a dress.
Don't feel like a man
And I am broke 24/7!

God! I hope there is something better
Waiting for me in Heaven.
Being an Asylum Seeker
And always waiting
For my papers to be accepted!

Even though back home
I am most wanted
Sometimes I feel like I'm grounded from being
safe and peace minded.

But thanks to Asylum Seeker Project!
Because of their help
They made me forget
About how people can be so cruel
And ignorant!

But it is O.K.
I am a strong Man
Doing the best I can.
Mama feel my pain.
One day, the rain will end
And a light of sunshine
Will shine on top of my head.

No comments: