discuss transformation and art , society and theory , culture and gender, politics and place

have your say

Friday 20 March 2009

World Leaders Barometer

I found this now obsolete Barometre des World Leaders ( France 24 News site) and could not help thinking of Obama and of...Fanon. It is some time that I contemplate launching myself in a reflecton looking at the ( arguable) post-colonial making of Obama and of Fanon's ghost and the way I can understand both in light of the new " era".
It is a rather concised posting but would love to invite you all to write what you think.
As far as my scattered thoughts style of contribution I continue with just this consideration.
Last night in Italy a huge knot came to the surface again to do with race and migration: the Prato- Chinese attriction zone hit the national news and exposed in the current poverty stricken Europe the wave of anger and intolerance that is palpable.
I turn and turn but cannot quite see where the debate is , where one can truly 'attack' the core of the issues that torment Italians, and perhaps many other Europeans now.

The Chinese, Obama, Fanon, post war, post modern, post Prodi, Berlusconi-held Italy: I see a strong thread to get hold of.

No comments: