discuss transformation and art , society and theory , culture and gender, politics and place

have your say

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Poem by Mireille Astore


I love this poem. What do we mean by 'loving a poem'? It makes sense of what I have seen this morning of what it is unexplicable otherwise.
But because I am a generous and fair person (!) I share here with you Mireille Astore's presence on the web ( see link below) and a brief outline of her work.
You see : I want to celebrate artists while they are here with us!

Mireille Astore is a multi disciplinary artist with a background in the visual and literary Arts, the Sciences, art administration as well as policy development. She has been publishing and exhibiting for over 14 years and her areas of expertise are Photomedia, Installation Art, Art theory, Art Administration and Information Literacy. She is currently undertaking a scholarship funded PhD candidature in Contemporary Arts at the University of Western Sydney.
contact - website: http://mireille.astore.id.au/


© Mireille Astore 2003-2009

My bones

On your soil
the earth swallows me
then spits out my bones
one by one.

No comments: